Small problems can become bigger problems over time. In addition, to ensure peak performance and safety, your equipment must be properly maintained. That’s why it is a good idea to have your system checked on an annual basis. Regular checkups will help avoid unnecessary service calls, maximize efficiency and increase the life of your equipment. To join our mailing list to receive annual reminders for furnace and/or air conditioner checkups, please email our service department or call us!
WARNING SIGNS OF FURNACE TROUBLE
- Unfamiliar noises
- Unusual odors
- Unusual dirt or rust accumulations
- Headaches, nausea, or dizziness that fade when away from home
Warning: Before performing any maintenance, turn off the unit and wait for the blower to stop.
- Check the filter monthly and clean or replace it as needed. C.L. Linfoot Company can show you where your indoor unit’s filter is located and how to remove, clean, and replace it if you are unsure. We offer a variety of filter types for all of your filter needs.
- Remove clutter from around the furnace as this is a fire hazard. Also, it may obstruct combustion air supply, which can lead to the production of Carbon Monoxide gas.
- Keep return grilles and supply registers clear of obstructions such as furniture, lint, dust, or pet hair.
- Always be on the lookout for unusual sounds and smells.
- If you have an outdoor unit:
- Be sure to keep leaves, trash, and shrubbery away from the unit to provide unrestricted airflow to it. If airflow is blocked it causes the unit to work harder and use more energy.
- Clean outdoor coil by gently running water over the coil to remove unwanted grass clippings, leaves, dust, and other obstructions.
- Make sure unit remains level to be sure that water and moisture drains from the unit properly.
Note: Ideally if you are scheduling a yearly inspection of the Air Conditioning Unit it is best if the outdoor air temperature is above 75 degrees for our Service Techs to do the inspection process.
Please call us for more information on residential or commercial service contracts. We provide preventative maintenance contracts and filter service for homes or businesses.